Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lightweight by Demi Lovato

(Sorry if the pitching is a little off)

photo
Picture courtesy of EnchantedDesigns
Lightweight by Demi Lovato
Record Label: Hollywood Records
Genre: Pop/Rock
Album: Unbroken
Rating: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Lyrics
The slightest words you said
Have all gone to my head
I hear angels sing in your voice
When you pull me close
Feelings I’ve never known
They mean everything
And leave me no choice

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can’t even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak

I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart

Make a promise, please
You’ll always be in reach
Just in case I need
You're there when I call
This is all so new
Seems too good to be true
Could this really be
A safe place to fall

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can’t even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak, oh whoa?

I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling down

Drowned in your love
It’s almost all too much
Handle with care
Say you’ll be there

Oh, I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling apart, oh
Falling apart

—AZLyrics.com
Review
First of all, let me just tell you, I really love Demi's voice. The way she sings is really magical and I love her whole "story." Everybody thought she was this nutcase when she went into rehab, but then she got out and look at her now. She's this amazing person and so extremely inspirational. I get why some people might not like her, but I think of her as an extremely inspirational character and lots of people could actually learn from what she's been through and how she's come back, because her music is much more inspirational now.

Lightweight is basically about vulnerability. Many people talk about strength and how they overcome a sad spot in their lives, but in Lightweight, Demi sings about how she feels weak and vulnerable and she feels like everybody can just push her around with ease because it feels like everybody knows her insecurities, or she has a lot of them. I can definitely relate to this because I have insecurities, too, just like everybody else, and sometimes it feels like people can push you around if they hit the right button.

The one complaint I would have about this would probably be the lyrics. Sometimes they don't really make sense and thus aren't as catchy as they could be, but I love the way Demi sings it because usually she's a belting type of person, but this is a slower song, and she just sings it. She doesn't really add a little extra, but it still manages to sound really amazing and you really can't help but love Lightweight and want to hear more from Demi Lovato.

5 comments :

  1. Love Demi Lovato, and love this song! Her album was another one that I bought during the Valentine's Day itunes discount haha, and I'm so happy I did!
    Did you know Demi's gonna be a judge on The XFactor? I'm so happy to see her and Britney Spears be mentors to other hopefuls, especially since they've both come so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a serious fan of hers, but I like this song too. I think you gave it a fair rating. :)

    Here's my most recent blog post: Does blogging encourage bad writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I totally love Demi's voice and even though I still need to check out this album, I know it's gonna be fabulous :) I'm a new follower!

    I currently have a book giveaway running on my blog if you'd like to check it out HERE

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw her sing this one live when she was in San Diego, It was Flawless!! I Love her vocals in this song, and yes, she is very inspirational and her music is really great now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for deciding to comment! I'll definitely remember to stop by your lovely blog later.

I do not accept awards or tags. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to pass them on as they rightfully deserve but thank you so much for considering my blog.

Anonymous comments or comments done by anybody without some type of account accepted on Blogger interfaces will not be allowed. This is to prevent the amount of spam I've been receiving recently. Sorry for the inconvenience!